The following Bed Bugs images can help you recognize what do bed bugs look like in your home or apartment. Bed bugs at all stages can be detected with the naked eye.
It is essential to identify them accurately and to distinguish them from other insects that require a different treatment plan. Even small, bed bugs are visible to the human eye.
Read about their appearance and behavior to learn where to look for bedbugs, how to find, treat and eradicate them. When you stay in a hotel and recognize bedbugs, you will prevent bed bug infestations in your home.
What Do Bed Bugs Look Like
- Bed bugs are wingless insects that prefer to feed on human blood.
- Adult bed bugs are colored brown to reddish, oval-shaped, flat, and approximately 3/16 to 1/5 of an inch long. This flat shape helps them to hide efficiently in tiny cracks and crevices.
- Nymphs feed for around 3 minutes; the adult bedbug needs up to 15 minutes to engorge with blood.
- After a meal of blood, a bed bug’s body becomes elongated and swollen with a dark red color.
- Nymphs are almost colorless. The brown color appears as they mature.
- Bed bug eggs have a silver-white color and are about 1/32 of an inch long.
- They are tiny when they hatch, so a flashlight and magnifying glass can help you in the inspection process.
My posts contain affiliate links! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll get a commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks.
Bedbugs pictures, signs of bed bugs on the mattress
Bedbugs photos, bed bugs pictures on the finger
Bedbugs furniture infestation, where bed bugs hide
Bed bug eggs pictures, what do bed bug eggs look like
Small bed bugs infestation, a picture of bed bugs on the mattress
What do bed bugs look like, heavy infestation on a carpet
Pictures of bugs, where to look for bed bugs infestation
how big are bed bugs & how do bed bugs look
Baby bed bugs, bed bug larvae, and bed bug stages
If you are looking for the professional pest control manufacturer, please visit x-pest
Bed Bug Bites Treatment from your Kitchen Cupboard
I’d love to hear what you think
I’m probably leaving out some information. What other tips can you provide about this issue? Let’s beat the bed bug! Share your story in the comments.